Ilsan Lake Park
Ilsan, located to the northwest of Seoul in the city of Goyang, is a satellite city of the Seoul National Capital Area. Like other cities such as Bundang, Anyang, Suwon etc, Ilsan was planned and built to alleviate the housing shortages in Seoul. Ilsan is easily accessible by bus or train from Seoul, though most people would choose to take the bus due to the shorter time required. Depending on which part of Seoul you are travelling from, it usually does not take more than an hour to get to Ilsan.
Ilsan Lake Park is one of the largest man-made lakes in Asia at 72.9 acres. It is one of the main gathering point and recreational park for residents of Ilsan. Besides the lake, visitors get to see artificial islands, a 4.7km bike path, a musical fountain, playgrounds, fitness corners as well as over 100 species of wild flowers and a dense forest with over 200,000 trees.
- A lovely place to go during autumn.
- The walking path encircles the lake.
- Enjoying a picnic at the park.
- A pavilion for people to rest in.
- Directions to the various amenities.
- Senior citizens playing chess.
- Ilsan residents love to hang out at the park.
- Residents taking an evening stroll.
- Dedicated paths for cyclists and pedestrians.
- Also an ideal place to catch the sunset!
Ilsan Lake Park is open all year round. There are pavilions, flower exhibitions during certain months, a medicinal herb island, rose garden, exercise facilities as well as bicycle paths for visitors to visit and utilize. Ilsan Lake Park is also situated right opposite the MBC Dream Center. Popular variety shows such as Infinity Challenge and Show! Music Core! are recorded there. It is also not unusual to see drama filming going on at Ilsan Lake Park. If you are lucky you might just bump into one during your visit!
- The MBC Dream Center in the background.
- The entrance into the Dream Center.
- A particular drama filming taking place next to the Dream Center.
- City of Ilsan.
How to get to Ilsan Lake Park:
Most people choose to take the inter-city buses to get to Ilsan. The following buses will get you to Ilsan Lake Park from Seoul.
From Sinchon: 77, 77-2, 1000, 2000, 9714
From Yeongdeungpo: 9701
From Seoul Station: 1000, 2000, 9702, 9708
From Yeouido: 1008
Should you choose to take the subway, get off at Jeongbalsan Station of Line and head out from Exit 2. Walk straight for about 5 minutes and you should arrive at Ilsan Lake Park.
Address: 595, Hosu-ro, Ilsandong-gu, Goyang-si, Gyeonggi-do
Subway: Jeongbalsan Station, Line 3, Exit 2
Opening Hours: Apr – Oct 0500 ~ 2200, Nov – Mar 0600 ~ 2000
Contact Number: +82-31-906-4557