LTE WiFi Egg Rental Service
Fretting about your options for data usage in Korea? We may just have the two best options for you! Travellers to Korea often consider two options for their data needs – a Korean SIM card with internet access, or a portable WiFi router that can be shared among multiple users. What are the differences between these two options you may ask? Here we breakdown the differences for you.
SIM Card (average price of 35,000KRW with 1GB.)
– Fixed expenditure. You use whatever you have already paid for. No extra charges.
– Make phone calls, send SMSes with balanced credit inside.
– No extra devices to carry around with you.
– Turn on personal hotspot to share your connection with your friends.
– Depending on the carrier and your SIM card plan, free WiFi connectivity.
– Better for lone travellers or those travelling for a short period of time.
– Data costs more on SIM cards.
– A big drain on your cell phone battery life when you use personal hotspot.
– Slow data speed: Prepaid SIM cards in Korea allow 3G connection only.
– Require self-activation before departure.
Portable WiFi Router (Mobile U price of S$4/day)
– Much cheaper internet usage.
– The fastest LTE (4G) networks with best coverage.
– Can be shared among multiple users, up to 10 devices.
– Portable WiFi router is chargeable with a power bank.
– A full battery usually lasts an entire day.
– Works better for group travellers.
– Unable to make local calls, send local SMSes unless it is roaming service with your SG SIM card.
With the portable WiFi router, group travelers need not worry about overspending on internet use as the daily limit is a generous 3GB. The router works everywhere you go, even out of Seoul and into the countryside. We tested the router in places like the green tea plantations in Boseong, the islands on Tongyeong and Geoje and even the southernmost tip of the Korean Peninsula at Haenam and the router works like a charm all the time!
In addition, the router is thin and light and fits easily into most pockets. In fact, we did not even feel like the router is there when we carry it in our pockets. A fully charged battery usually lasts for an entire day. A charger and a carrying case are also included with the package.
- Us testing the router at the southernmost tip of the Korean Peninsula – Haenam. Works like a charm!
- The router comes with a case as well.
- Slim, light and extremely portable! All for only $4/day!
The rental fee of $4/day for a portable WiFi router is by far the lowest rate offered in town. Most other rental places charge in the upwards of $10 per day of use.
($50 of deposit will be required.)
We highly recommend travelers to Korea who are looking at options for internet in Korea to consider the portable WiFi router here. You simply have to call in to Mobile U Pte Ltd at + 65 6221 3657 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your set, and either visit the office at Tanjong Pagar or arrange to have it delivered to your place! It is a highly fuss-free and affordable solution for your internet needs in Korea. Give them a call today to enquire now!
Mobile U Pte Ltd
70 Anson Road #13-01 Hub Synergy Point Singapore 079905
Tel: 6221 3657 Email: email@example.com
Operation Hour: 9AM – 6PM (Weekdays only)
Nearest MRT: Tanjong Pagar Exit C