Seoul Forest is thus named as such because in the past, this area had been a royal hunting ground for kings. It is now an eco-friendly mega park consisting of various themed gardens such as the Cultural Art Park, Ecological Forest, Nature Experiencing Study Field, Wetlands Ecological Field and Hangang River Waterside Park.
When the weather is good, you can also rent bicycles at the park or have a picnic at the many open spaces. The good thing about this park is that it is located next to the Han River and as such, you can enjoy the breeze as well as the sunset while cycling in the park or along the river. It is also conveniently located right outside the Seoul Forest Station on the Bundang Line.
Seoul Forest is also home to many native deers. They are kept in a large enclosure, and visitors are welcomed to purchase deer feed from the vending machines to have a go at feeding the deers!
- The entrance to Seoul Forest.
- Sign pointing to the different sub parks.
- A perfect spot for dates.
- Not to forget cycling as well.
- The insect garden.
- One of the many rest pavilions.
- The rabbit enclosure.
- Heading towards the deer enclosure.
- A sign pointing to the vending machines for deer feed.
- Feeding time for the deers.
- Deers roaming about in their large enclosure.
After touring Seoul Forest, go up the bridge next to the enclosure for the deers to get to the Han River. Catch the sunset, or have a stroll by the river.
- The bridge linking Seoul Forest to the Han River.
- Some of the views along the way.
- Peak hour time.
- Catching the sunset.
- Sitting by the bench enjoying the weather.
If you are looking for a garden to take a stroll and relax, there are plenty of options here in Seoul but Seoul Forest is definitely one of the bigger and more conveniently located ones! As we were walking along we could notice many tourists enjoying themselves at Seoul Forest. If you are looking for a cycling experience along the Han River, do give Seoul Forest a consideration!
• Nearest subway station: Seoul Forest Station, Bundang Line, Exit 3
• Admission Fees : Free
• Activity Information : Feeding deer, natural experience site, butterfly experience hall
• Operating Hours : 24/7 (Open all year round)
Summer season: 07:00-20:00 / Winter season: 08:00-19:00
10:00-18:00 (Last admission: 16:30, Closed on Mondays)
Eco Learning Center
10:00-18:00 (Closed on Mondays)
Summer season: 10:00-18:00 / Winter season: 10:00-17:00